iPhone VPN Connection
Instructions for configuring the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch for use with the UTA VPN.
How to Get:
- Find and open the Settings app.
- Tap General
- Tap Network
- Tap VPN
- Tap Add VPN Configuration...
- Tap IPSec
- Enter the following details: Desc: UTA VPN Server: vpn.uta.edu Account: <your NetID> Password: <Leave blank> Group Name: default Secret: UTAsecret Please note that the Group Secret is CASE SENSITIVE.
- Tap the VPN switch to ON
- Enter your NetID and password. Tap OK when ready
- Tap OK to agree to the VPN rules.
- Notice how the VPN icon appears next to the wifi icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen when in use. Also, the VPN switch appears at the top of the Settings app after you next open it.