WebDAV and Mac OS X
System requirements: Mac
This page will give you instructions on how to use WebDAV with MAC OS.
How to Use:
- Select the Connect to Server command from the Go menu.
- Within the Connect to Server window, type in the publishing URL in the Server Address field.
- WWW: https://dav.uta.edu/www.uta.edu/<website name>
- WWEB: https://wweb.uta.edu/<website name>
- You may receive a warning message about WebDAV File System Security, click Continue to proceed.
- You should then be asked to authenticate yourself. Enter your NetID and password and then click OK.
- Once you are "connected", you should see an icon on your Desktop labeled with the name of your website. The Mathematical Association of America is used as an example only.
- By opening that icon, you should be able to view the files contained in your website.
If you encounter a "Sorry the operation could not be completed due to an unexpected error, error code -50" when trying to access a webdav share, follow the instructions on how to repair the disk permissions from this website http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303032.
You can also use Goliath, which is a WebDAV client, on Mac OS 9.X and OS X. Instructions and download are available at http://www.Webdav.org/goliath/#download This method is not supported by OIT.