To Find Out If a Computer Belongs to a Domain or a Workgroup
- Click the Start menu, and click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and click the System.
- In the System Properties window, select the Computer Name tab.
- The name of your computer will be listed as the Full computer name.
- The domain your computer belongs to will be listed as the Domain. If, instead of Domain, you see Workgroup, your computer is not a member of any domain.
- Open System by clicking the Start button, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
- Under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, you will see either the word Workgroup or Domain, followed by the name.
- Open System by swiping in from the right edgeof the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering System inthe search box, tapping or clicking Settings, and then tapping or clicking System.
- Under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, you'll see either the word Workgroupor Domain, followed by the name.