Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
Last Review: 09-26-2016
- Faculty (currently appointed) and Staff
- Currently Enrolled UT Arlington Students
- Departments and Offices at UT Arlington
Product: Internet Explorer
Standard Software Supported By: Desktop
OIT Support Levels: Full
As of January 12, 2016, only the most recent version of Internet Explorer available for a supported operating system will receive technical support and security updates. Users will benefit from a modern browser that enables the latest digital work and life experiences while decreasing online risks. Internet Explorer 11delivers many benefits:
- Improved Security – Outdated browsers represent a major challenge in keeping the Web ecosystem safer and more secure, as modern Web browsers have better security protection. Internet Explorer 11 includes features like Enhanced Protected Mode to help keep customers safer. Microsoft proactively fixes many potential vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, and our work to help protect customers is delivering results: According to NSS Labs, protection against malicious software increased from 69% on Internet Explorer 8 in 2009 to over 99% on Internet Explorer 11. It should come as no surprise that the most recent, fully-patched version of Internet Explorer is more secure than older versions.
- Productivity – The latest Internet Explorer is faster, supports more modern Web standards, and has better compatibility with existing Web apps. Users benefit by being able to run today’s Web sites and services, such as Office 365, alongside legacy Web apps.
- Unlock the future — Upgrading and staying current on the latest version of Internet Explorer can ease the migration to Windows 8.1 Update and the latest Windows tablets and other devices, unlocking the next generation of technology and productivity.
System Requirements: OIT Required
- Base OS: Windows
- OS Version: 7
- Processor: Intel Core i3 (1 GHz or higher)
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB preferred)
How to Get:
Internet Explorer 11 can be downloaded from Microsoft's Website
Visit Microsoft's Website