Repairing Windows Management Instrumentation File (WimFix)
The following proceedure discribes how to repair the Windows Management Instrumentation File (WimFix). If further assistance is required, please contact OIT Service Desk.
Submit/Review Tickets: http://www.uta.edu/oit/cs/it-help.php
Phone: 817-272-2208 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty (currently appointed) and Staff
- Departments and Offices at UT Arlington
System requirements: Windows
How to Get:
Download the Windows Management Instrumentation (wmifix.cmd) file from the downloads web page.
How to Use:
- Copy wmifix.cmd to the local computer Desktop
- Right-click on wmifix.cmd and selet Run as administrator
- A command window opens which indicates the file is running, it takes about 3 - 5 minutes for the process to complete.
- Once the process completes, the command window closes.
- Proceed to to installing the SCCM 2012 Client.