Using Expressions Web with WebDAV to Create Web Pages on the Windows server
System requirements: Windows
How to use Microsoft's Expression Web in conjunction with WebDAV to publish pages to official UTA web servers located on the WWEB server.
How to Use:
- The first step in using Expressions Web with WebDAV is to set up a directory on your local computer. This can be done through New Site... found under the Site menu on the Main Menu bar.
- Enter a location for your site and give it a name. Click OK.
- Click on the Site menu on the Main Menu bar and choose Publishing.
- Click on Add a publishing destination... . The "Publishing Destination" is the location of the web site that you will be updating.
- Give this connection a name, and for Connection Type, click on the down arrow and choose WebDAV. If your page is located at http://www.uta.edu/<website_name>, enter https://wweb.uta.edu/<website_name> for the Location. If your page is located at http://www.uta.edu/faculty/<NetID>, enter https://wweb.uta.edu/faculty/<NetID> for the Location. For User Name and Password, enter your NetID and Password. Click Add.
- Expressions Web will now open you local site and your web site.
- If your local site is empty, highlight all the entries on the right (website) side, leaving out default.html and any file beginning with a ".". Click the left arrow. All of your files should now be on your hard drive
- After you have made changes to your website, highlight the pages that you edited on the left (local site) side. NOTE that they will now say "Changed" as their Status. Click on the right arrow. Your edited, updated file will now be loaded on your website.
If you would like more information and training on Expression Web, please check out Microsoft Expression Web Level I or Microsoft Expression Web Level II courses offered by UTA's Continuing Education.