Using Expressions Web to Publish Web Pages
System requirements: Windows
How to use Microsoft's Expression Web to publish pages to official UTA web servers.
How to Get: See Expression Web 4
How to Use:
- From the Site menu, select New Site....
- Enter a location for your site on your local hard drive and give it a name. Click OK.
- From the Site menu, select Publishing.
- Click on Add a publishing destination. The "Publishing Destination" is the location of the web site that you will be updating.
- Give this connection a Name.
- For Connection Type:
- If you are editing a WWW site, click on the down arrow and choose WebDAV.
- If you are connecting to a WWEB site, click on the down arrow and choose WebDAV.
- If you are connecting to a student web site, click on the down arrow and choose FTP.
- If you are connecting to an omega web site, click on the down arrow and choose SFTP.
- For Location:
- For sites located on www.uta.edu, enter https://dav.uta.edu/www.uta.edu/<website_name>
- For sites located on wweb.uta.edu, enter https://wweb.uta.edu/<website name> for the Location.
- For sites located on students.uta.edu, enter ftp: \\students.uta.edu\<first 2 letters of your NetID>\<NetID>.
- For sites located on omega.uta.edu\~<NetID>, enter sftp:\\omega.uta.edu.
- For User Name and Password, enter your NetID and Password. Click Add.
- Expressions Web will now open you local site and your web site.
- If your local site is empty, highlight all the entries on the right (website) side, leaving out any file beginning with a ".". Click the left arrow. All of your files should now be on your hard drive
- After you have made changes to your website, highlight the pages that you edited on the left (local site) side. NOTE that they will now say "Changed" as their Status. Click on the right arrow. Your edited, updated file will now be loaded on your website.