Using Expressions Web to connect to WWW2/3 web servers
How to use Microsoft's Expression Web to connect to WWW2/3 web servers.
How to Get:
How to Use:
- The first step in using Expressions Web is to set up a directory on your local computer. This can be done through New Site... found under the Site menu on the Main Menu bar.
- Enter a location for your site on your local hard drive and give it a name. Click OK.
- Click on the Site menu on the Main Menu bar and choose Publishing.
- Click on Add a publishing destination... . The "Publishing Destination" is the location of the web site that you will be updating.
- Give this connection a Name.
- For Connection Type, click on the down arrow and choose FrontPage Server Extensions.
- For Location, enter http://wwwX.uta.edu/<website_name>.
- X = 2 or 3 depending on where your website is located (www2 or www3).
- For User Name and Password, enter your NetID and Password. Click Add.
- Expressions Web will now open your local site and your web site.
- To copy your files from the WWW2/3 web site, you will first need to select the files or folders by clicking on the once, then click on the left-pointing arrow. All of your files should now be on your hard drive.
NOTE: If you have a folder on your computer for the original WWW2/3 site, it would be better if the location in Step 2 references a different folder.