Student Mobile Printing - Windows Setup
System requirements: Windows
The Office of Information Technology offers a service to students that allows them to print from their laptops to over 25 printers located on campus.
In order to use the service you must first install a software package, Pharos Uniprint, to your Windows or Mac laptop. To install the package, you must be connected to the campus network via Ethernet, wireless, or VPN.
To install Pharos Uniprint:
- Download the 32bit or 64bit or Universal binary installer.
- Click the Run button.
- Select “Yes” on the security warning screen.
- Click “Accept” on the End user license agreement.
- Click the “Install” button.
Note: The window will disappear when installation has completed.
- Once the installation is complete you should be able to see "Start" > "All Programs" > "Pharos" > "Uninstall Pharos".
- Next, check your Devices and Printers to make sure the “Student Mobile Printing Color” printer is available.
Note: You may only see one printer icon, usually the "Student Mobile Printing Color"; however, both "Student Mobile Printing BW" and "Student Mobile Printing Color" appear when selecting a printer from within a program.
To print a document to a Lab printer:
- Open a document and select File > Print.
- Make sure the "Student Mobile Printing BW" (or Color) is selected.
- Click the "Print" button.
The Pharos release screen appears.
- Enter your NetID into the “Please enter your NetID field”.
- Enter it again in the blank field below.
- Give your job a name.
- Entering a password is optional.
- Click the “Print” button.
- If the file was successfully sent to a lab printer, you will see the following popup message appear in the lower right corner of your laptop:
You can go to any Pharos Release location on campus to release your print job within 4 hours.
How to Use:
Pharos Uniprint can only be downloaded when your computer is on the campus network. For more information on connecting to the campus network see: Network Connections
Currently under the Windows 7 operating system, only one printer icon will appear, usually the "Student Mobile Printing Color"; however, both "Student Mobile Printing BW" and "Student Mobile Printing Color" appear when selecting a printer from within a program. There is currently no resolution to this issue.