Obtaining and Installing MathCAD Licenses
System requirements: Windows
A floating license of MathCAD allows the MathCAD program to be installed on any number of Desktop computers connected to the network however a license server allows only as many Desktops to concurrently run the software as there are licenses for the software. For example if there were 75 licenses of the software and 150 Desktop computers with the software installed on them then the floating license would allow only 75 of the those computers to run the software at any one given time. If a 76th computer tried to run the software they would get an message from the license server on the network that indicated that all the license were busy and to try back later.
The MathCAD Floating License and License Server are maintained by OIT for use on UTA inventoried computers for use on Faculty, Staff, and Lab Computers.
How to Get:
Contact OIT Help Desk to place a software installation request for this applcation. Please be prepared to provide your NetID, and the inventory number of the PC where the software will be installed.
A technician will contact you to make arrangements for the software's installation.
How to Use:
SCCM Install Instructions
- Advertise SCCM packaged programs in the PTC MathCAD 15 package located in the Packages>OIT Lab Support>PTC folder path to the target system.
- Mathcad Silent Installer program
- Namespace Shell extension program
- PDSi Viewable Support
Manual Install instructions for Authorized Personnel
- Un-install MathCAD 14 is mandatory prior to install MathCAD 15.
- Verify that the following prerequisite software from Microsoft has been installed.
- Microsoft .NET Framework® 3.5 or later
- MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK (this exact version of MSXML is required)
- Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 or later
- MSXML, MDAC, and the .NET Framework are available for download from the Microsoft Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/
- Install MathCAD 15 from designated network share using default settings.
- Select Next at the 'Welcome to the Installshield for Mathcad 15 message box.
- Read and accept the license agreement, then select Next.
- Registration information:
User Name: Office of Information Technology
Organization: University of Texas at Arlington
Product code: <you'll need to insert the correct product code here>
- Select Next.
- At the 'Destination Folder' window, select Next.
- At the 'Ready to Install' window, select Install.
- At the 'Installwizard Completed' window, select Finish.
- Exit install.
- At this point, Mathcad 15 still needs to know what license server it is to use.
- Start Mathcad 15.
- For the 'Mathcad License Location:' enter @lm-mathcad15.uta.edu
- Register Mathcad 15
- Authenticating to another license server
If you are in need of correcting a license server connection on a MathCAD installation please go here.