Obtaining and Installing MathCAD Licenses
System requirements: Windows
A floating license of MathCAD allows the MathCAD program to be installed on any number of Desktop computers connected to the network however a license server allows only as many Desktops to concurrently run the software as there are licenses for the software. For example if there were 75 licenses of the software and 150 Desktop computers with the software installed on them then the floating license would allow only 75 of the those computers to run the software at any one given time. If a 76th computer tried to run the software they would get an message from the license server on the network that indicated that all the license were busy and to try back later.
The MathCAD Floating License and License Server are maintained by OIT for use on UTA inventoried computers for use on Faculty, Staff, and Lab Computers.
How to Get:
Contact OIT Help Desk to place a software installation request for this applcation. Please be prepared to provide your NetID, OS platform (Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit), and the inventory number of the PC where the software will be installed.
A technician will contact you to make arrangements for the software's installation.
How to Use:
SCCM Install Instructions
- It is necessary that any previous MathCAD version be uninstalled prior to installing a newer version.
- Verify that the following prerequisite software from Microsoft has been installed.
- Microsoft .NET Framework® 4.0 or later
- MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK (this exact version of MSXML is required)
- Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 or later
- MSXML, MDAC, and the .NET Framework are available for download from the Microsoft Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/
- Further instructions on installing through our automated installation system, SCCM, may be accessed at http://www.uta.edu/oit/cs/software/microsoft/sccm-client-2012/index.php
- Install MathCAD Prime 3.0 from designated network share using default settings.
- Select Next at the 'Welcome to the Installshield for Mathcad Prime 3.0 message box.
- Read and accept the license agreement and the export agreement
- Select Next.
- A window will appear labeled Application Selection.
- You may make changes to the software or accept the default settings.
- Once the desired settings have been made, click on the install button.
- An Installation Progress button will then appear.
- Once all software has completd installation, select Finish.
- Exit install.
- At this point, Mathcad still needs to know what license server it is to use.
- Start Mathcad.
- For the 'Mathcad License Location:' enter @lm-mathcad.uta.edu
- Register Mathcad
- Authenticating to another license server
If you are in need of correcting a license server connection on a MathCAD installation please go here.