Configuring VPN for the Mac
System requirements: Mac
How to Get:
- Based on the version of your Mac OS, download the appropriate VPN client file:
- After downloading the VPN client software for Mac OS X, double-click on the .dmg file to mount it on your Desktop.
- Once the archive is mounted on your Desktop you should see the icon as pictured below. Double-click to open the mounted drive.
- You will see the following .mpkg located within the mounted drive. Double-click this file to begin installation.
- Click Continue to the next two windows that come up, agree to the license and click Continue again.
- Select an appropriate drive to install the files to. Then click Continue.
- Click Install.
- Mac OS X will ask you to Authenticate the install with your OS X username and password. This account will require administrator privileges to allow the install.
- Installation will begin. Observe the progress bar.
- Once installation is complete click Close.
- Now go to your applications folder. You should see the above icon. Double-click it to open the VPN Client software.
- With the VPN Client open, from the Connection Entries menu, click New and enter the following information in the required fields:
- Connection Entry: UTA
- Description: UTA
- Host: vpn.uta.edu
- Select Group Authentication and enter:
- Name: default
- Password: UTAsecret
- Confirm Password: UTAsecret
When prompted to, enter your NetID (in all lower case letters) and current password and click OK. You may need to put uta\ in front of your NetID.
After successful negotiation with the VPN server you should be greeted with a Banner message.
How to Use:
After connecting to the VPN you have a secure tunnel to the University and can perform operations such as:
if you are experiencing problems with this version of the Cisco VPN Client, you may want to consider Cisco VPN AnyConnect.