Obtaining and Installing Mathematica Licenses - Windows
System requirements: Windows
The instructions on this page are for faculty or staff to observe when requesting to have Mathematica provided for their use on privately owned systems and university owned machines that have "Property of UT Arlington" asset tags, also referred to as UTA assets in this document. These are typical faculty/staff office computers.
How to Get:
Mathematica available for Campus use
Mathematica is available to all faculty and students for their use on campus owned systems for academic and research purposes. Please observe the following instructions when submitting a software install request for this product.
- Must be a faculty or staff member to place a software install request on a UTA owned asset.
- Please submit your software install request to the Help Desk at http://www.uta.edu/oit/cs/helpdesk/index.php or call 817-272-2208.
- Provide the Asset tag number of the recipient system or systems
- Indicate the OS type of the client systems
Mathematica Home-use license for faculty
To process the home-use license three conditions must be met:
1) Must be a UTA faculty staff member. Faculty may include professors, associate professors, assistant professors, instructors, lecturers, teachers, GRAs and GTAs.
2) Software must be requested using a "@uta.edu" or in some cases a "@mavs.uta.edu" email address
3) The software must be for a privately owned computer. Computers owned/provided by UT Arlington are not eligible for the home-use license.
To install Mathematica on personally owned faculty machines you will need to fill out the Wolfram's Staff Home Use Mathematica License form located at http://www.wolfram.com/siteinfo/homeuse/?parent_license=L3218-6957&request_type=NEW_HU_LICENSE.
How to Use:
- Please contact the OIT Help Desk to place a software installation request to obtain assistance from the OIT Desktop Support group in installing the application on a UTA asset.
OIT Desktop Support staff and authorized users with access to the hidden network share containing the resource files may perform the following steps to install this application.
From the Start menu, select Run.
Type in the Desktop Support provided path to the installer file in the text box and click OK.
Click "Next >" to continue installation.
Click "Next >" to accept default destination folder.
Click "Next >" to accept default components installation.
Click "Next >" to accept default shortcuts folder.
Click Install to begin installation. Or click "< Back" to change selections.
Click Finish to end installation.
Open Mathematica from the Windows start button menu.
On the Activate Mathematica online screen, click the Other ways to activate button.
On the Select a method to activate Mathematica window, click the Connect to a network license server option.
On the Connect to a Network License Server screen, enter the network alias of the server based on the version of Mathematica being installed. For example, one would enter
lm-mathematica.uta.edu to authenticate Mathematica version 8. Click the Activate button.
If you agree to the Mathematica license agreement, click the I accept the terms of this agreement checkbox and click the OK button.