OMEGA Web Pages
You may request an account on omega.uta.edu (a GNU/Linux server) which will include 50 MB of space.
- Faculty (currently appointed) and Staff
- Students Admitted to UT Arlington
How to Get: Your Omega account is not created automatically, however you can request one very easily using our online form. As a student you are allotted 50 MB of space on omega.uta.edu (GNU/Linux) server. This space is shared between your Home and Web folders.
How to Use:
- You will need to connect to your Omega account via SSH and the instructions are available at our SSH Secure Shell Client page.
- To publish a webpage on omega.uta.edu just save your files to public_html folder located in the root directory. You can also transfer your files to Omega server using secure FTP connection.
- In order for your webpage to display properly, your main page (homepage) must be named index.html. You can view your webpage at http://omega.uta.edu/~abc1234 (where abc1234 is your NetID).
- You will need permission on your public_html directory are set to drwx-rxr-x.