WWW2 & WWW3 Web Server Retirement
UT Arlington web servers WWW2 and WWW3 will be retired on Dec. 31, 2010. All websites on these servers will need to be moved to a new server by Nov. 1, 2010.
|Project Implementation Steps||Target Date||Status|
|Provide General Campus Notification||5/27/2010||Complete|
|Provide department head with a list of affected WWW2/WWW3 websites. Request indication of sites that can be deleted or else specify a website manager.||9/1/2010||Complete|
|Create a ticket to interact with website managers through the completion of their website migration.||9/17/2010||Complete
|End website migration.
|Decommission old servers.||12/31/2010|
- The new Windows web server runs the latest Microsoft web server technology (IIS 7.5) which no longer supports FrontPage extensions.
- Websites that utilize Microsoft FrontPage extensions will break when moved to the new server.
- Departments will need to start the migration process as early as possible to ensure pages are successfully redesigned using updated web coding.
- Updating and/or reengineering the web sites to run on the new server or a different server will be the (sole) responsibility of the owner, department, or other agent acting on behalf of the website owner.
- Those sites not claimed on WWW2/3 will not automatically be migrated to the new server and will be removed/deleted.