Registering for orientation is just the first step in coming to campus. To ensure that you are prepared for New Maverick Orientation, this section of the website includes information on testing requirements, advising and class registration for your first semester classes and what to bring when you attend orientation. Check out the Pre-Orientation to-do list below to make sure you don’t forget anything.
Pre-Orientation Freshman To-Do List
- Complete all testing requirements prior to attending orientation. Students who are TSI Liable will not be able to register for classes at orientation. See Testing Requirements for detailed information.
- Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement
- The State of Texas requires that all incoming Texas college students (Freshmen and Transfers) under 22 years old must be immunized against bacterial meningitis before they enroll in an institution of higher education. Prospective UT Arlington students who do not submit the proper vaccination documentation by the deadline will be dropped from classes and will not be allowed to re-enroll. Please refer to the official UT Arlington Bacterial Meningitis website to learn the deadline for your enrollment term and how to complete the vaccination requirement.
- Activate your NetID. You will you use your NetID to access a varity of electronic features including your student acount, MyMav.
- Set-up your UT Arlington email address. All University correspondence will be sent to your UT Arlington email address, so it is important that you set up your email as soon as possible.
- If you have completed any college-level course work, make sure your transcripts have been submitted to the Office of Admissions.
- Apply for University housing, if you’re interested in living on-campus. Residence halls and on-campus apartments fill very quickly so all housing requests should be completed prior to orientation. Visit the University Housing website for more information or to fill out an application
- You will receive a confirmation email five days before your orientation session through your UT Arlington email address. Please read this email carefully as it contains important testing and check-in information.
Find a guide
New students can find a guide for their first year through a mentor who shares the same major, school, or college.