Registering for orientation is just the first step in coming to campus. To ensure that you are prepared for New Maverick Transfer Orientation, this section of the website includes information on testing requirements, advising and class registration for your first semester classes and what to bring when you attend orientation. Check out the Pre-Orientation to-do list below to make sure you don’t forget anything.
Transfer Orientation To-Do List
- Complete all testing requirements prior to attending orientation. See Testing Requirements for detailed information.
Meningitis Vaccination Requirement
- The State of Texas requires that all incoming Texas college students (Freshmen and Transfers) under 22 years old must be immunized against bacterial meningitis before they enroll in an institution of higher education. Prospective UT Arlington students who do not submit the proper vaccination documentation by the deadline will be dropped from classes and will not be allowed to re-enroll. Please refer to the official UT Arlington Bacterial Meningitis website to learn the deadline for your enrollment term and how to complete the vaccination requirement.
- Set-up your UT Arlington email address. All University correspondence will be sent to your UT Arlington email address, so it is important that you set up your email as soon as possible.
- Ensure that all transcripts from all previous institutions have been submitted to the Office of Admissions.
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor. Advising is not part of the orientation schedule and must be done on your own. See advising and registration for more detailed information.
- Apply for housing, if you're interested in living on-campus. Residence halls and on-campus apartments fill very quickly, so all housing requests should be completed prior to orientation. Visit the University Housing website for more information or to fill out an application.
Meet with other commuting students to socialize and learn how to make the most of campus life and drive time.