Skip to content. Skip to main navigation.

Advising and Registration


Advising is not scheduled into the orientation day. Due to the varied advising needs of Veteran students, you need to contact your advisor to be advised during your own, separate advising appointment. However, at orientation, we will acquaint you with the online registration process that you will use during your career at UT Arlington. Some students find it helpful to be advised prior to orientation so that we may assist you with the online registration process. We have also provided time during the orientation day for you to complete campus business, including meeting with an advisor. If you wish, you may schedule an advising appointment on the afternoon of your orientation, so you don’t have to return at a later date.

Regardless of how you choose to schedule your advising, you must meet with your advisor before you will be allowed to register for any classes. Veteran students should make sure that all transcripts with previous college credit have been submitted and evaluated before meeting with their advisor. If you are unsure of the status of your transcripts please contact the Admissions Office at 817-272-6287 or

To view your transcript evaluation online, go to your MyMav account and click on transcript evaluation under the Student Center.

At UT Arlington students who have transferred in less than 30 credits are advised through University College. Please contact 817-272-3140 or to make an appointment or stop by the University College, located on the first floor of Ransom Hall.

Students who have not yet declared a major are advised by the University Advising Center. Please contact 817-272-3140 or for more information or to make an advising appointment.

Student who have transferred in more than 30 credits are advised by their specific college or department. If you are unsure who your advisor is, please click on the link below:


At UT Arlington, Class registration is completed through MyMav, the student registration system. Veteran students may register for their classes during open enrollment after they have meet with their advisor. Access the registration timetable, which is available through the registrar’s website.

volunteers working on Catalina Island


Break out

Spend your Spring Break doing more than getting a tan by volunteering for projects in Florida, California, New Orleans, or other locales.

Alternative Spring Break