Registering for orientation is just the first step in coming to campus. To ensure that you are prepared for New Maverick Veterans Orientation, this section of the website includes information on testing requirements, advising and class registration for your first semester classes and what to bring when you attend orientation. Check out the Pre-Orientation to-do list below to make sure you don’t forget anything.
Veteran Orientation To-Do List
- Complete all testing requirements prior to attending orientation. Click on the Testing link to the left for detailed testing information.
- Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement
- The State of Texas requires that all incoming Texas college students (Freshmen and Transfers) under 22 years old must be immunized against bacterial meningitis before they enroll in an institution of higher education. Prospective UT Arlington students who do not submit the proper vaccination documentation by the deadline will be dropped from classes and will not be allowed to re-enroll. Please refer to the official UT Arlington Bacterial Meningitis website to learn the deadline for your enrollment term and how to complete the vaccination requirement.
- Set-up your UT Arlington email address. All University correspondence will be sent to your UT Arlington email address, so it is important that you set up your email as soon as possible.
- If you have completed any college-level course work, make sure your transcripts have been submitted to the Office of Admissions.
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor. See advising and registration for more detailed information.
Be the change!
UTA Volunteers is a student group that plans and implements service programs for UTA and the community, including the annual Big Event.