UTS180 Conflicts of Interest
Welcome to UTA's Outside Activity Online Portal
The Portal is hosted by UT System to implement UTA’s policy addressing employee outside activities and interests. The policy can be found in the Handbook of Operating Procedures, Chapter 5, Section 5-508 and applies to the following employees:
- All Faculty
- All Administrative and Professional Staff
- All Classified Exempt Staff
- Any other employees if they are authorized to execute contracts on behalf of the University or who because of their job duties at the University have authority to exercise discretion with regard to the award of contracts or other financial transactions.
- Any other employees where a conflict of interest or conflict of commitment may exist
The due date for finalizing disclosures for the 2014 calendar year is March 31, 2015
- Significant interest in a business or gifts received are required to be disclosed. Disclosure may be required for your spouse and dependents.
- If you previously requested approval for outside employment, service on a board, or uncompensated activity outside of UTA and additional disclosure is required, the information will appear on the Disclosure tab when you log in.
To request approval for outside activities, use the Request Approval tab.
Please note the following:
- The online application is best viewed in Internet Explorer v.9 or later.
- The online application does NOT work on an iPad or Android Tablet
- The Portal times out after 10 minutes of inactivity, so save your work frequently.
- The Portal may be unavailable between 8 pm to 10 pm each evening for UT System to make updates to the portal.
- Some of the data collected will be posted on a publicly searchable website in accordance with policy. Information regarding family members will not be publicly disclosed.
Portal URL: http://outsideactivity.utsystem.edu