In keeping with the University of Texas at Arlington mission statement, which asserts that the University is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge and the pursuit of excellence, the Writing Center's goal is to work with students to explore and develop their ideas, to become aware of the needs of their readers, and to learn the rhetorical and syntactical strategies necessary for effective written communication across disciplines and across communities.
The UT-Arlington Writing Center offers a welcoming and supportive environment for students who seek assistance on a wide variety of writing assignments and needs. We are here to encourage and to motivate student writers of all levels, and to provide our clients with the highest quality assistance available. Our first objective is to help student writers to elevate the writing project in hand, but always with the goal of improving the general quality of their written work. In addition, we intend to work together with faculty, administrators and other UT-Arlington community members to become a trusted and reliable campus resource.
• We offer a positive and supportive environment.
• Our writing consultants are professionally trained and can assist undergraduate and graduate students with writing assignments in multiple subject areas.
• We assist students across the spectrum of writing ability.
• We help clients develop their ability to critically evaluate their own writing and ideas.
• We offer students focused, extended, and personalized tutoring in an effort to increase their chances of becoming successful college-level writers.
• We also offer workshops for graduate and undergraduate student writers.
Please look through our site to learn more about the Writing Center at UT-Arlington and contact us if you have any questions.
OPEN for SPRING 2013
January 22 - May 3
• 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mons. - Thurs.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fris.
• 2-6 p.m. Suns.
QUICK HITS: (five minute sessions for that one nagging grammar, citation, punctuation, etc. question. No appointment necessary.)
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mons. & Weds.
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tues. & Thurs.
Scheduled Closings: The Writing Center will be closed on the following days for Spring Break:
• March 9th - 18th
A Division of the Department of English, Sponsored by the College of Liberal Arts