The Parent & Family Center strives to promote student success by partnering with parents, families, and guardians. We are committed to keeping parents informed and involved in their student’s college experience so they can support student learning and develop a lifelong commitment to the university.
We keep parents informed by:
- Publishing an annual Parent Resource Guide that contains information about the transition to college, key offices and contacts, campus services and resources, and more to help parents help their students be successful at UT Arlington. Parents who attend New Maverick Orientation will receive a copy of this guide as part of their welcome packet.
- Publishing a monthly e-newsletter to keep parents up to date with everything happening on campus. When you join the Parent & Family Association you will automatically receive this newsletter in your email every month.
- Providing a New Parent Orientation program in conjunction with New Maverick Orientation. We educate parents about what to expect as a parent of a UT Arlington student, and inform them of the resources and opportunities available.
We keep parents involved by:
- Providing a Parent & Family Association, in which parents can join to support their student and the University, as well as receive various benefits.
- Hosting an annual Parent & Family Weekend, in which students can show their families more of their life on campus, and participate in fun activities together.
Did You Know?
U.S. News & World Report ranks UT Arlington's student population among the nation's top 10 percent for racial diversity.