Search Advisory Committee
The committee will be chaired by Pedro Reyes, executive vice chancellor for academic affairs in the UT System. Other advisory committee members are:
- Regent Wallace L. Hall, Jr., of Dallas, president, Wetland Partners, L.P.
- Regent Alex M. Cranberg of Austin, chairman and CEO, Aspect Holdings, L.L.C.
- Ricardo Romo, Ph.D., president, The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Kirk Calhoun, M.D., president, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler
- Dan Formanowicz, Ph.D., professor, department of biology, UT Arlington
- Tom Ingram, Ph.D., associate professor, department of communication, UT Arlington
- James Campbell Quick, Ph.D., professor, department of management, UT Arlington
- Pam Jansma, Ph.D., dean, College of Science, UT Arlington
- Stephen Lunce, conference coordinator, UT Arlington
- Jennifer Fox, president, Student Congress, UT Arlington
- Bob Watson, president, UT Arlington Alumni Association
The community members of the search advisory committee are:
- H. Franklin Alexander, D.D.S., of Arlington
- Robert A. Estrada of Ft. Worth, chairman and chief executive officer, Estrada Hinojosa & Company, Inc.
- Shirlee J. Gandy of Ft. Worth, president, RPM Commercial
- Ralph Hawkins of Dallas, chairman and CEO, HKS, Inc.
- Ashley M. Purgason, UT Arlington alumna and Student Regent
Boosting the Economy
Since 1995 TMAC has worked with more than 6,200 companies. In independent surveys, those customers have reported cumulative impacts totaling $2.9 billion in new or retained sales; $995 million in cost savings and cost avoidance on materials, labor, inventory, and equipment; and more than 29,600 Texas jobs created or retained.
Home, Sweet Home
About 6,000 students live on campus and about 10,000 live within a five-mile radius of campus, driving demand for new businesses and services.