Search Advisory Committee
The committee will be chaired by Pedro Reyes, executive vice chancellor for academic affairs in the UT System. Other advisory committee members are:
- Regent Wallace L. Hall, Jr., of Dallas, president, Wetland Partners, L.P.
- Regent Alex M. Cranberg of Austin, chairman and CEO, Aspect Holdings, L.L.C.
- Ricardo Romo, Ph.D., president, The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Kirk Calhoun, M.D., president, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler
- Dan Formanowicz, Ph.D., professor, department of biology, UT Arlington
- Tom Ingram, Ph.D., associate professor, department of communication, UT Arlington
- James Campbell Quick, Ph.D., professor, department of management, UT Arlington
- Pam Jansma, Ph.D., dean, College of Science, UT Arlington
- Stephen Lunce, conference coordinator, UT Arlington
- Jennifer Fox, president, Student Congress, UT Arlington
- Bob Watson, president, UT Arlington Alumni Association
The community members of the search advisory committee are:
- H. Franklin Alexander, D.D.S., of Arlington
- Robert A. Estrada of Ft. Worth, chairman and chief executive officer, Estrada Hinojosa & Company, Inc.
- Shirlee J. Gandy of Ft. Worth, president, RPM Commercial
- Ralph Hawkins of Dallas, chairman and CEO, HKS, Inc.
- Ashley M. Purgason, UT Arlington alumna and Student Regent
Through the Center for Community Service Learning and other areas, UT Arlington students annually volunteer more than 400,000 hours in the community, benefiting a wide range of agencies and organizations.
Degrees of Influence
More than 9,400 UT Arlington students earned degrees last year, creating a larger pool of well-educated employees for the knowledge-based industries in North Texas and beyond. The increase in graduates reflects a 35 percent enrollment surge over the past five years.