Search Advisory Committee
The committee will be chaired by Pedro Reyes, executive vice chancellor for academic affairs in the UT System. Other advisory committee members are:
- Regent Wallace L. Hall, Jr., of Dallas, president, Wetland Partners, L.P.
- Regent Alex M. Cranberg of Austin, chairman and CEO, Aspect Holdings, L.L.C.
- Ricardo Romo, Ph.D., president, The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Kirk Calhoun, M.D., president, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler
- Dan Formanowicz, Ph.D., professor, department of biology, UT Arlington
- Tom Ingram, Ph.D., associate professor, department of communication, UT Arlington
- James Campbell Quick, Ph.D., professor, department of management, UT Arlington
- Pam Jansma, Ph.D., dean, College of Science, UT Arlington
- Stephen Lunce, conference coordinator, UT Arlington
- Jennifer Fox, president, Student Congress, UT Arlington
- Bob Watson, president, UT Arlington Alumni Association
The community members of the search advisory committee are:
- H. Franklin Alexander, D.D.S., of Arlington
- Robert A. Estrada of Ft. Worth, chairman and chief executive officer, Estrada Hinojosa & Company, Inc.
- Shirlee J. Gandy of Ft. Worth, president, RPM Commercial
- Ralph Hawkins of Dallas, chairman and CEO, HKS, Inc.
- Ashley M. Purgason, UT Arlington alumna and Student Regent
Renewable energy initiatives by researchers in science and engineering include building a better electric automobile and converting natural gas to clean-burning synthetic fuel.
With a workforce of more than 7,000 faculty and staff, UT Arlington is one of the largest employers in North Texas.