Tenure and Promotion Documents
Before beginning the process of preparing the Tenure and Promotion or Promotion Dossier, candidates should review the guidelines for promotion and tenure and the Content and Format of Documentation for Candidates for Promotion and Tenure, which details the materials that must be included in the Dossier.
For details governing the promotion and tenure process and the submitted materials, please refer to the Handbook of Operating Procedures Section 6-300.
The forms included on this page are intended to assist faculty in preparation of their promotion and tenure files. The MS Word files below should be downloaded and amended to fit the particular needs of the candidate for promotion or tenure and promotion. On each form, simply place the appropriate information in the brackets.
Tenure and Promotion/Promotion Dossier Forms
- Section A: Tenure and Promotion/Promotion Dossier Signature Page, Recommendations and Academic Employment History, and Table of Contents
- Section B: Summary Evaluations
- Section C: Annual Reviews and Annual Summary Evaluations
- Section D: Teaching Performance: Candidate's Statement and Record of Teaching
- Section E: Scholarship: Candidate's Statement and Record of Research/Creative Activity
- Section F: Service: Candidate's Statement and Record of Service
- Section G: External Evaluations
- Section H: Curriculum Vitae
- Section I: Department/Program and College/School Tenure and Promotion Guidelines
- Section J: List of Materials in Publications File
Head of the Class
Nearly 27 percent of first-time, full-time freshmen in fall 2011 ranked in the top 10 percent of their high school graduating class, and 70 percent were in the top quarter.