IDC Distribution Plan
The current IDC Distribution Plan for the distribution of indirect costs recovered on sponsored projects is as follows (after institutional debt adjustments and specific allocations to Organized Research Centers of Excellence where applicable):
- 12.0% to the VP for Finance
- 1.5% to the VP for Business Affairs
- 4.5% to the Library
to the Dean or Unit Head of the department or unit the project is submitted
through in the proposal routing system:
- IDC distributions allocated to the Dean or Unit Head of a college, unit or school may be further distributed according to the policy developed by the Dean or Unit Head.
- Any unresolved debt that is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator will be reduced from the Dean’s or Vice President’s portion of IDC.
- 31.0% to the Provost/Academic Affairs:
- 18.0% to the Vice President for Research
Changes to the IDC Distribution Plan must be approved by the President.
All distributions of indirect costs will be made according to the Indirect Cost Recovery Policy.
Helping Students Succeed
Two-thirds of UT Arlington students receive some level of financial aid, scholarships, or other assistance to help fund the cost of college. The average grant and scholarship package for undergraduates is about $5,800 a year.