Campus Security Policy
In compliance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, formerly the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act (P.L. 101-542, as amended), the University of Texas at Arlington publishes specified campus crime statistics and campus security policies through the Office of the Chief of the University Police.
Campus security policies include:
- Procedures for reporting criminal actions or other emergencies occurring on campus.
- Policies concerning security of and access to campus facilities, including campus residences, campus law enforcement authority and responsibilities.
- A description of programs designed to inform students and employees about the prevention of crimes and campus security procedures.
- The policy of monitoring and recording of students’ criminal activity occurring at off-campus locations of student organizations officially recognized by the institution.
- The policy regarding the possession, use and sale of alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs, and enforcement of federal and state drug and drinking laws.
- A description of drug or alcohol-abuse education programs.
- Sexual assault programs to prevent sex offenses, and procedures to follow when a sex offense occurs.