ECRT Quick Start Brochure
STEP 1: LOGIN
1. Choose “UT Arlington” from the institution drop down list.
2. Enter the <User ID> and <Password> in the User ID and Password fields. User ID and password is same as your EID.
3. Click on the <Login> button
The Home Page functions as an entry point to all system functions, provides an overview of the effort reporting process and offers links to a variety of resources to assist users with effort reporting.
NAVIGATIONAL LINKS ON HOMEPAGE
The effort lifecycle contains links to various functions you will need to use the system. Links highlighted in the green box are specific to Certifiers.
DROP DOWN MENUS
Across the top of the page is a menu bar. The left most option <Home> will return you to the home page containing the effort lifecycle. To log off of the system, click the right most option <Logout>. The remaining three options match the sections of the effort lifecycle. The links contained in the drop-downs give you access to the menu options available on the effort lifecycle, from any screen within the system. Menus highlighted in the green box are specific to Certifiers.
Helpful links are available on every screen. These links are configured by the central office. At the top is the name of the current user logged in. Access ECRT Training link to view the online User’s Manual and other training materials. Effort Reporting (ECRT) FAQs.
STEP 2: CERTIFY MY EFFORT
To certify your Effort select <Certify/View My Effort> from the Certification section of the wheel or from the drop-down menu under Effort Certification.
FROM THE WHEEL:
FROM THE DROP DOWN MENU:
This is the main view of the effort card. Within sponsored and non-sponsored projects you may view payroll and effort
1. Edit/review payroll and effort to ensure accuracy. The effort calculator can be used to determine the percent of your effort devoted to a project.
2. Edit information as needed or send to Department Effort Coordinator to make the Correction to the appointment.
3. Once you have verified that the information is correct. Click on the <Save> button to save the information or click “All” and then <Certify> to certify the information. The <Cancel> button will close the screen without saving or certifying the information and will return you to the main screen.
STEP 3: CERTIFY SUPPORTING INDIVIDUALS
If you are a PI/PD you will need to certify support personnel paid from your project. To certify your Supporting Individuals select <Certify My Supporting Individuals-Group View> from the Certification section of the wheel or from the drop down menu under Effort Certification.
This is the main window to certify your Supporting Individuals. The system will display up to ten supporting individuals at a time. 1. The save button will save all changes. 2. The certify button will certify all supporting individuals that have been ”checked.”