Forms & Templates
FORMS FOR RESEARCH INVOLVING RECOMBINANT DNA
The following is a description of each of the forms that are necessary for conducting rDNA experiments. Completed forms and applications should be submitted to the Office of Research Administration:
- E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off at 202 E. Border St., Suite 201
- Mail to Box 19188
- Fax to 817-272-1111
SUBMIT A NEW rDNA PROTOCOL FOR REVIEW AND APPROVAL BY THE IBC
All projects involving recombinant DNA, regardless of funding, must be reviewed by the UT Arlington Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) prior to initiation.
SUBMIT AN ANNUAL REPORT FOR AN EXISTING rDNA PROTOCOL
The IBC conducts continuing review of approved rDNA research. The Office of Research Administration will send courtesy reminders to PIs with notification of the annual review due dates. PIs are responsible for submitting appropriate information in a timely manner for periodic reviews of approved research.
SUBMIT AN AMENDMENT FOR APPPROVAL OF MODFICATIONS TO EXISTING rDNA PROTOCOL
The PI is responsible for notifying the IBC of any major changes in approved rDNA experiments before initiation. For example, the PI shall submit an Amendment Form for IBC review before implementation of any of the following:
- A change in host or vector.
- A change in the donor species or nature of the DNA segment selected.
- A change of project title.
- A change in funding agency.
- A change in the location of work/experiments.
- A change of the Principal Investigator or laboratory personnel.