Latest Projects and Experiments
Note: If you wish to learn more about the following projects, please click here to contact us.
University of Texas Arlington
1. (PI) Fulbright Specialists Grant in Engineering Education (Mexico, Monterrey Institute of Technology), 09/07/2011-09/20/2011, The Industrial Engineering Department at Tecnologico de Monterrey, Campus Querétaro is beginning research in the area of RFID and logistics. Dr. Jones visit is intended to strengthen this area and a further development of the knowledge of those involved. Given that Dr. Jones is a leading expert in the area of RFID, his visit and assistance will help develop further Tecnologico de Monterrey, Campus Querétaro research program and will also help fortify the relationship between the University of Texas and our institution.
2. (PI) “IRES Mexico: RFID in Mexico” NSF OISE (Monterrey Tech, Querétaro partner), 06/01/2010-05/31/2013 To create IRES Program at Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Monterrey, Tecnológico de Monterrey Campus Querétaro and University of Texas Arlington (UTA). The specific outcomes are to enhance students’ research skills and facilitate cross-cultural research opportunities in internationally emerging engineering fields; increase students’ comfort level when working with people from different cultures; increase students’ awareness of cultural differences; become familiar with the Spanish language and increase student abilities in research methods and problem-solving skills that will make them competitive in an international research environment.
3. (PI) KLSS, Inc, “NETS Demonstration” , 03/29/2011 - 09/16/2011To provide KLSS, Inc team an RFID and AutoID equipment suport for a demonstration to the US military. Support included analysis that determines the best methods for maximizing the future capabilities of RFID and AutoID technologies to support advanced software developed by the KSS team. The long-term goal of the research is to provide research that allows KLSS, inc team to demonstrate future and usable capabilities to the military.
4. (Co-PI) United Negro College Fund Special Programs Coordination – Harriett G. Jenkins Pre-Doctoral Fellowship Program - awarded 8/26/2011, student awarded: Maurice Cavitt-Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering), This fellowship is to support the current research performed by Maurice Cavitt with Dr. Jones with the NASA RFID RTLS Research.
5. (PI) Alfred P. Sloan Foundation “Increasing PhDs for Underrepresented Minorities Program, University of Texas Arlington Program”, awarded 1/01/2011- 06/30/2013, Award 1 student (Maurice Cavitt) per year for 3 years. There is currently no accurate information on the retention statistics of underrepresented minorities at the University of Texas at Arlington. This proposal request that the Sloan Foundation use the retention statistics across all of the other Sloan underrepresented programs of 80%.
6. (PI) Alfred P. Sloan Foundation “Increasing PhDs for Underrepresented Minorities Program, University of Texas Arlington Program”, awarded 1/01/2011- 06/30/2013, $ 28,000 student fellowship $ 2,000 administrative grant. Award 1 student (Andrea Graham) per year for 3 There is currently no accurate information on the retention statistics of underrepresented minorities at the University of Texas at Arlington. This proposal request that the Sloan Foundation use the retention statistics across all of the other Sloan underrepresented programs of 80%.
< Previous | Next >