SAC SLIMDOWN 2016
SAC SLIMDOWN 2016
The 2016 SAC SlimDown is here!
June 6-July 29
SAC is encouraging all UT Arlington staff to live a healthier lifestyle by participating in its annual SAC SlimDown campaign. SAC has partnered with the University Wellness Committee and has generated a fun, active, "revamped" approach to losing weight. This includes new Wellness Points and free temporary passes to the MAC (for new members only) for the duration of the SlimDown. Sessions will cover topics like weight management, eating patterns, exercises, and other health informative areas. Wellness Points earned "convert" to pounds lost; however,eight (one per week) points is the maximum which can be achieved during the campaign. Weekly notices and campaign information can be obtained on the SlimDown Sharepoint site and through weekly emails to team captains: https://collab.sp.uta.edu/sac/slimdown/SitePages/Home.aspx
Resources on the Sharepoint site are to help motivate and guide participants to a successful and healthier lifestyle.
Challenge yourself to live a better lifestyle and get your coworkers involved. Here is how the SAC SlimDown works:
1. Register your team. Each team needs 3-6 members, and teams are asked to designate a team captain. Each participant must sign the participation waiver. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A TEAM - YOU CAN STILL PARTICIPATE! Email SAC Slimdown at email@example.com. Registration is May 18th to June 1st.
2. Initial weigh-ins need to be done June 1st – June 2nd at the UTA Health Center (8am to 4:30pm).
3. Take your group's before picture and submit to SAC Slimdown at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 6th. Prizes will be awarded for creative team names and pictures!
4. SAC will send weekly notices of programs and resources available to you - to help you better your lifestyle.
5. Closing weigh-outs need to be done August 1st-5th. Location TBD
6. Take team after picture (after August 5th) and submit to SAC Slimdown at email@example.com no later than end of day on August 8th.
7.Celebrate your achievements!!!!! -- attend the SAC Slimdown reception August 19th, time TBA. At the reception, enjoy refreshments, prize ceremony and 'goodies' for all participants. Winners will be recognized in the following categories:
- Team for greatest percentage of weight loss
- Creativity (Before Pictures, After Pictures, and Team Name)
- Overall Fitness (Earning of Wellness Points, etc.)
- Individual weight loss (percentage of pounds lost)
Together We Can Achieve It!
For further questions about the SAC Slimdown, email SAC Slimdown at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Current paying members of the MAC are not eligible for a refund if participating in the SAC Slimdown.
Disclaimer: For award eligibility, you must participate in the weigh-ins. Also, since Faculty/Staff are no longer eligible to be treated at the Health Center, the Health Center will serve only as a weigh-in location. Participants cannot be seen for blood pressure, etc. Additionally, patients at the Health Center will be seen first which may result in a short wait to weigh-in if the staff is busy.