Knowledge is Power
The University of Texas at Arlington offers several ways to ensure the campus community is up-to-date on standard and emergency safety measures.
UT Arlington is in compliance with the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act. These measures include:
- Procedures for reporting criminal actions or other emergencies on campus;
- Policies concerning security of and access to campus facilities;
- A description of programs designed to inform students and employees about the prevention of crimes and campus security procedures;
- The policy of monitoring and recording student criminal activity occurring at off-campus locations of student organizations officially recognized by the University;
- The policy regarding the possession, use, and sale of alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs, and enforcement of federal and state drug and drinking laws;
- A description of drug or alcohol-abuse education programs;
- Sexual assault programs to prevent sex offenses and procedures to follow when a sex offense occurs.
In accordance with the Clery Act, crime statistics may be accessed on the University Police website at uta.edu/police. Crime statistics from UT Arlington or any other university may also be accessed on the Department of Education’s website, ope.ed.gov/security. To receive a paper copy of the most recent Campus Fire and Safety Report, call the UT Arlington Police Department at 817-272-3381 or send a request to P.O. Box 19229, Arlington, Texas 76019.