News & Events
Nursing Education workshop
- Topic: Meaningful Use
- Date: Wednesday, January 16, 2013
- Time: 5:00-6:00 pm CST
- Speakers: Gary Keast, Meaningful Use Program Manager, The Mayo Clinic
- Place: Conference Center - UT Arlington College of Nursing in Second Life
- Organized by students enrolled in the Nursing Informatics gradate course at the UT Arlington College of Nursing (N5308-400 Spring 2013).
- NURS3632 (Clinical Foundations of Nursing) in the Academic Partnership BSN program began exploring Second Life for clinical simulation during Fall 2012. A new simulation focusing on administration of medications is under construction during Fall 2012 for use by the Spring 2013 students.
- A Second Life component is included in a HRSA grant that will fund research to improve connections between nurses and social workers
- "Second Life: Transforming the Way UT Arlington Engages Online Students", blog post, Faculty e-Commons, Academic Partnerships, February 15, 2013.
- Articles on Second Life included in Nursing Informatics, ed. Dr. Joy Don Baker, Perioperative Nursing Clinics, vol. 7, no. 2 (June 2012) Open-access article
- NBC 5, Dallas-Fort Worth, May 10, 2012, Learning in a Virtual World
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram, April 9, 2012, Nursing students can learn in a virtual world at UTA
- Continuing Nursing Education event: Sat. April 14, 2012 - "Therapeutic and Ethical Implications of Genomics for Nursing Practice"
- Spring 2011 Genomics Journal Club schedule has been set (Jan 28, 2011)
- Second Life activities featured in the UT Arlington Library Fall 2010 Progress Report
- November 6, 2010 - "The Value of Second Life to Nursing" - a nursing continuing education workshop in Second Life, presented by the UT Arlington College of Nursing Center for Continuing Nursing Education - Learn More
- September 10, 2010 - KDAF (the 33 News) airs a feature on Second Life and the UT Arlington College of Nursing - watch the video
- July 2010 - The UT System Virtual Learning Community Initiative - year in review video
- June 17, 2010 - UT Arlington participates in the first annual UT System Undergraduate Conference in Second Life - Learn More
- April 2010 - "You Are What You Eat" - Freshman Leaders on Campus exhibit, digitized for access in Second Life - Learn More
- March 4, 2010 - The Scilands in Second Life - a live guided tour of the Scilands, a leading science and technology community in Second Life - Learn More
- November 6, 2009 - Live Videoconference broadcast: Second Life for Academia - noon-1pm, Business Bldg 154, UT Arlington - Learn More
- November 6, 2009 - Hands-on training - a full day's worth of training sessions held at UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. Contact Sarah Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) to attend
- November 10 & 18 - Excellent orientation/training sessions offered by the Texas Distance Learning Association - more info and signup
- October 24-25, 2009 - College Fair 2009 in Second Life
- October 21, 2009 - Showcase and demonstrations at Focus on Technology
- October 8, 2009 - NURS 5308 meets at UT Arlington in Second Life
- September 30, 2009 - Editorial in The Shorthorn: Commute from bed to the Web
- September 28 & 29, 2009 - Initial Second Life interest meetings
- September 23, 2009 - Lead article in The Shorthorn: Online class enters virtual world