Customizing your Avatar Look - Part II
Uses of the Edit Appearance tool:
- The primary use of the Edit Appearance tool is to change your shape.
- You can also change your eye color.
- You can also make clothing (with caution, see Avatar Clothing) using the Edit Appearance tool.
- In some cases, your skin may be modifiable. If it is, you modify it using the Edit Appearance tool.
- To change the color or shape of your eyebrows, you use the "Hair" section of the tool.
- You can also change your avatar's gender in the Edit Appearance tool.
To use the Edit Appearance tool:
- Right-click your avatar and choose "My Appearance" from the menu
- Or, from the top menu bar: Me > My Appearance
- Or, from the sidebar: My Profile > Edit Appearance (button at the bottom right)
- Use the "Shape" tab
- There are many body parts. You can make changes by using the sliders or by changing the numbers directly.
- Experiment with combinations of settings to get the look you want.
- Remember to look at yourself from all angles. Hold the ALT key and then left-click on yourself -- hold down both the ALT key and your left mouse button, and then move your mouse around the table to pan around yourself and to zoom in and out.
- Women's shoes are almost always made for a size 0 foot.
Changing eyebrow color and shape:
- Use the "Hair" tab
- "Color" will change the eyebrow color
- "Eyebrows" is where to change the shape
Use the "Eyes" tab to change eye color
Click "Save" when you're done, or choose "Save As" to keep the old versions as they were and save the changes as a new shape, skin, eyes, or hair.
NOTE: When you are editing your appearance, the changes appear immediately. So, for example, if you remove clothing and you appear naked to yourself, you also appear naked to others.
Next: Avatar Clothing