The Faculty Senate administers travel funding for Tenure-Stream faculty. These funds are available to full-timeTenure-Track/Tenured faculty only. Up to $500/faculty member, per 2-year cycle, may be awarded. All travel requests must be approved prior to travel. Funding will not be awarded retroactively. The Senate will notify applicants of whether or not they receive funding no later than five business days after the submission deadline. Faculty members still possessing funds in a start-up account that may be used towards travel may not receive senate travel funds until such startup funds are expended.
Departmental Admins/Travel Representatives will apply on behalf of the faculty member, much as in the same manner as applying for funding from the Office of the Vice President of Research. Requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the listed deadline for upcoming semesters. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Requests should include the following information:
- Conference or other event name
- Conference or other event Venue and location
- Period of conference or other event
- Travel period
- Reason for travel: Present paper, present other work (creative activity), other. Please provide brief description of purpose of travel.
- If “Other”, please explain in more detail – this funding is provided solely to improve UT Arlington’s faculty excellence and national/international reputation in research and/or creative activity. Acceptable uses of these travel funds in the “other” category may include, but are not limited to: shopping a book proposal at a related conference, attending a pedagogy conference for the explicit goal of improving instruction, etc. Please note all decisions of the senate travel committee are final.
- Contribution from Department (if known)
- Contribution from College/School (if known)
- Contribution from Vice President of Research (if known)
- Total Estimated Expenses, including Meals, Airfare, Lodging, Other Transportation Fees, Registration Fees (note, the Senate will not reimburse membership fees)
- Home Department Cost Center number for reimbursement (Senate will transfer funds to department upon approval of application)
Deadlines and Timelines
Submission Deadlines (email must be received by this date)
5:00pm August 25 for travel commencing between September 1 and November 30.
5:00pm November 25 for travel commencing between December 1 and January 31.
5:00pm January 25 for travel commencing between February 1 and April 30.
5:00pm April 25, for travel commencing between May 1 and August 31.
Please note, funding requests may be submitted earlier than the stated deadline. Funds will be allocated at the discretion of the Faculty Senate based on review on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Receipts and other costs will be processed by the departmental travel admin in-line with current practices. Instructions for obtaining awarded funds are included in the award notification letter. If anything in this document appears to conflict with the Handbook of Operating Procedures or the travel procedures outlined by the Office of Business Affairs and Controller here, those documents take precedence. Questions may be addressed to the Chair of the Faculty Senate.