Moving the Student Feedback Survey Process Online
Information for Students
SFS: An Overview for Spring 2013
• On Friday 4/19/2013, for each lecture, seminar, or lab course in which you are enrolled, you will be issued an e-mail message inviting you to complete an online Student Feedback Survey.
• You will receive a separate e-mail invitation for each course.
• The subject of each invitation will be “UTA Values Your Input! End-of Term Survey for Professor XXXXXXX's course now open!"
• Messages will be sent to your official MavMail account from UT Arlington Student Feedback Survey (SFS) [email@example.com].
• Each invitation will direct you to the SFS link for the course survey, a password to access the survey, and a deadline by which the survey must be completed.
• If you do not respond to the initial invitation after one week, you will receive a reminder.
• Access to the survey will end at 11 PM on the last official day of the semester, Friday May 3rd.
surveys will be re-issued after May 3rd.
If you did not receive an e-mail message about taking a survey for a course in which you are enrolled this term, you may file a report at HERE.
Before filing a report, however please note the following:
• Surveys will be issued only for those courses officially classified as lecture, seminar, or lab.
• Music courses for Private Lessons and Ensembles will be issued paper surveys.
• Courses in which the official enrollment is only one (1) student will not be issued a survey.
Procedural Questions and Answers
Below you will find some anticipated questions about how moving the Student Feedback Survey completely online. If your question is not addressed, please let me know; I will do my best to respond to your query and, as appropriate, will update this document. -David Silva
Q: My instructor handed out paper course evaluation forms in our class. Was this the same as the online survey?
A: No. Except for a few exceptions (courses in ACCT and private lessons in MUSI), all university-surveys are conducted online. Any paper survey you may have received was a supplemental survey administered by the department or college.
Q: Is there a central website where I can access all of my Student Feedback Surveys at once?
A: No, not at this time. Each course will generate a separate e-mail invitation.
Q: So, if I am taking five courses this term, will I receive five separate e-mail messages?
A: Yes – provided that each of these courses is a lecture, seminar, or lab course. Each of these messages includes a unique password for each of the different course surveys to be completed.
Q: What if I don’t read my MavMail? Do I have another option?
A: No. Because MyMav has been designated as the official means of contact between you and the institution, we are obliged to limit our communication to this one means – so please check your MavMail.
Q: Is the instructor allowed to encourage us to complete the survey?
A: Yes, instructors have been asked to encourage participation in the online survey process.
Q: Is the instructor allowed to require me to complete the SFS?
A: No. Your participation in the SFS process is completely voluntary.
Q: I am taking a team-taught course. Will I fill out separate surveys for both/all instructors?
A: Yes, provided that the department’s administrative contact provided the SFS Team with this information per established administrative deadlines.
Q: If I miss the deadline for completing the survey, can a new survey be issued?
A: No. All surveys must be completed during the time frame specified in the invitation e-mail.
Q: Will the instructor be able to connect my survey responses with my identity?
A: No. Once you click “submit,” your responses are anonymously combined with those provided by others in the course.
Q: Will the survey results influence my grade in the course?
A: No. Instructors won’t receive any survey data until after final grades have been certified by the Univeristy, thereby ensuring the integrity of the process.