Why give to the UT Arlington School of Social Work…
After all, the University is state supported?
Did you know during the last ten years State of Texas support to UT Arlington has gone from 75% to 25% of the university budget? Subsequent tuition and fee increases were necessary to partially address this issue.
Did you also know that during that same ten year period median salaries in Texas increased by only 15%.
The gap between the cost for tuition and fees and a family’s income has widened, making it even more difficult to fund a university degree.
If you are an Alumnus of the School, perhaps you were fortunate enough to receive a scholarship during your university years. If so, you know the importance of that gift toward your academic endeavors. Now you have the opportunity to give back to another social work student.
- PhD Fellowships
- MSSW Assistantships
- The Judith Granger Birmingham Center for Child Welfare
- The Center for Clinical Social Work
- Center for Addiction and Recovery Studies
- Center for Advocacy, Nonprofits and Donor Organizations (CAN-DO)
- Innovative Community-Academic Partnership Program (iCAP)
- Jillian Michelle Smith Endowed Professorship in Family Violence Research
- Cheryl Milkes Moore Endowed Professorship in Mental Health Research
- Roy E. Dulak Professor in Community Practice Research
Your gift to any of our funding priorities will have a major impact on advancing the progress of our students and the work of the School as we strive to build a stronger community through the outstanding work of our faculty, students and graduates.
Please take a few minutes to browse through this website and learn more about our School and Students and Alumni. Also read more about methods and choices of giving to the School.
Michelle Gilchrist, Director of Development
UT Arlington School of Social Work
211 S. Cooper, Suite 211 Box 19129
Arlington, TX 76019-0129