Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide clinical treatment to assigned consumers through clinical diagnostic assessment, determining clinical diagnosis under supervision of Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
• Provide treatment to consumers including treatment planning, discharge planning, individual and family therapy, supportive counseling, recovery program and relapse prevention support, life skills training, and case management.
• Develop engaged relationships with assigned clients to support long-term work with clients as indicated
• Work collaboratively with other clinical staff in ongoing case review and improvement of treatment service.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of a positive treatment culture.
• By mutual agreement, other duties assigned by the Clinical Director
Qualifications for Position
• Licensed in Texas as a LPC, LMSW
• The Counselor reports to the Clinical Director
• The Counselor may supervise or provide consultation or education to student interns or other staff as assigned by the Clinical Director.
Required Skills & Knowledge
• Knowledge of mental illness and chemical dependency
• Knowledge of dual diagnosis treatment preferred
Required Prior Experience
• Two years experience in mental health and/or chemical dependency treatment preferred
• Ability to relate with respect to persons from diverse ethnic, social-cultural, life-style, and educational backgrounds
• Ability to work well with a team
• Ability to maintain clear professional, ethical boundaries between self and clients
• Exempt Employee
• Staff Level
Qualified Applicants please send resumes to Jackie Mahoney, LCSW at
Fax to 214-871-3042.