United Way of Metropolitan Dallas
Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Senior Director of Community Impact Grants
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: January 29, 2013
One of three positions responsible for implementing the Community Impact Grants Process in the Education, Income or Health Impact Areas and for ongoing support to ensure that all funded programs are aligned with and make measurable progress toward achieving the 10 Year Community Impact Goal for Education, Income or Health.
• Assist with implementing CIG funding processes, including CIG application, Requests for Proposals, CIG related trainings, etc.
• Stewardship screening process, including financial review, for the allocations process
• In Kind Donations
• Assist with recruitment, training, and relationship management of Community Impact Grant volunteer panels
• Provide training, program development, evaluation training and ongoing consultation to all current and potential CIG funded organizations
• Ensure timely development and efficient delivery of accurate data, reports, and information, as requested
• Assist with evaluating progress toward achieving UWMD 10 year Education, Income, and Health goals of all Community Impact Grant funding recipients
• Attend relevant meetings outside of UWMD in order to increase working knowledge of current programs, agencies and needs in Impact Area.
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Social Work, Urban Planning/Administration, Public Administration, Non-Profit Management or related field required. A Masters Degree or commensurate experience preferred.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 3 years of non-profit experience. Experience in applicable Impact Area preferred. Experience with a grant making process and reviewing grant applications preferred. Experience in funds allocation, grant management, program development and grant writing. Experience in managing volunteer decision making committees.
Excellent analytical skills
Excellent verbal and written skills
Excellent training skills
Excellent presenting skills
Excellent speaking skills
Strong computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Ability to recruit and manage volunteers
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to multi-task, work with multiple projects at once
Ability to work with deadlines, work under pressure
Excellent management and administrative skills
Strong organizational skills
Excellent people skills
Understanding of information systems
Ability to work well with people from different backgrounds
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org