PATHWAYS YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES
Family Specialist/Case Worker, Foster Care/Adoption Agency
Pathways Youth and Family Services, Inc. is a Texas-based non-profit social services organization dedicated to creating environments where children and families thrive. We provide a wide array of social services including adoption, foster care, counseling, therapy and other home-based services. Founded in 1992, Pathways has eight branch offices across the state of Texas.
The Pathways Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, office has an immediate opening for the position of Family Specialist. This position offices in Richardson and reports to the Program Coordinator.
The essential functions of the Family Specialist include foster family recruitment, development, monitoring, placement, and on-going support and case management services to families. This includes the initial screening, studying, and recommending of families for verification as agency foster and adoptive homes. Essential duties also include assessment, planning, implementing, monitoring and advocating for children in care and the foster homes where they are placed.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in human services or related field.
2. Two years of child placing experience.
3. Able to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
4. Excellent organizational skills and abilities.
5. Outstanding computer skills including in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook.
6. Knowledge of Pathways’ MIS database strongly preferred.
7. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with referring contacts & clients.
8. Willing to work weekend and evening hours.
9. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.