SafeHaven of Tarrant County’s mission is to end domestic violence through safety, support, prevention and social change. SafeHaven formed in 2006 through a merger of Women’s Haven and The Women’s Shelter. SafeHaven’s two emergency shelters, one in Arlington and one in Fort Worth, accommodate a combined 174 women and children, making SHTC one of the largest shelters in Texas.
Part Time Bilingual Clinical Counselor – Fort Worth Shelter
SUMMARY: Assess and counsel victims who identify themselves as victims of abuse.
To Apply: www.safehaventc.org
• Provide specialized services to the Hispanic population as dictated by grants and client needs.
• Interview and register clients for counseling program services. Assess needs and refer clients to appropriate agency programs and outside support services as needed.
• Provide individual and/or group interventions at agency services sites as assigned by the Clinical Director.
• Participate with the Educator/Case Manager to provide community awareness education.
• Comply with all agency and HHSC record keeping procedures and policies.
• Work with allied social service providers in the community, and attend meetings in the community as requested by the Clinical Director.
• Collaborate with colleagues in the shelter and outreach programs to assure continuity of care for families.
Master’s degree (M.S.) in Counseling, Social Work or related field. Knowledge of crisis intervention, social work theory and ethics, and clinical intervention required. Must be bilingual in English/Spanish with the ability to read, write, speak and interpret both languages. Experience with individual counseling and/or family interventions required. Experience in and knowledge of family violence theory preferred. Must have valid Texas driver’s license and/or reliable transportation.