UNION GOSPEL MISSION
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
DEPARTMENT: Program Services
SUMMARY: The social worker III will oversee the day-to-day activities in the skill-building program including but not limited to job coaching, life skills training, personal social adjustment groups, counseling, and facilitating support groups.
• Oversee and supervise the experiential learning components of the skill-building program as described in the Skill-Building Program Description
• Consistently communicate with the resident’s case manager to create a continuum of care for positive outcomes
• Facilitate personal social adjustment groups utilizing the curriculum focused on the 5 critical areas of personal development
• Facilitate life skills training, and other support groups as needed
• Facilitate skill-building program orientation for residents
• In coordination with resident’s case manager, create a plan of action
• Manages and completes assigned work plan objectives and projects including outcome targets in a timely manner
• Maintains cooperative and effective workplace relationships and adheres to company “Code of Conduct”
• Complies with required workplace safety standards
• Ongoing monitoring of client’s progress utilizing agency approved assessments and standardized measures
• Maintain client files with current case notes and progress reports
• Ensure all UGM policies and procedures are followed
• Prepare weekly written report updating clients seen and direction provided
• Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Licensed Master Social Worker or Master’s degree in Social Work and ability to obtain licensing in Texas within 6 months of employment. Experience in providing social work/case management services to diverse populations preferred. Experience in facilitating groups with experience in individual counseling.
Send resumes to email@example.com
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, problem solve, and work effectively with people
• Ability to assess client needs and develop plans for meeting needs
• Ability to facilitate support groups and counseling as directed
• Knowledge of DSM-IV including substance use disorders
• Ability to provide on-going case management services
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines as needed
• Ability to work flexible hours if necessary
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously
COMPUTER SKILLS: Familiarity with Windows; proficiency with Microsoft Word and Internet functions. Ability to use HMIS database reporting system.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to be mobile throughout work shift; ability to sit, stand, bend, lift and carry. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds. Ability to sit for several hours at a time. Ability to go up and down stairs frequently.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Job duties are performed indoors in Union Gospel Mission residential facilities. Since the client population served is primarily homeless and indigent, there is a high possibility of encountering persons with mental illnesses, addictions and infectious diseases.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others in the workplace, because physical requirements cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation, will not be considered qualified for employment. This document is not an employee contract.