City House, Inc./Plano, Texas
Provides case management services to runaway, homeless, and at-risk youth and young adults through Plano and Frisco Resource Center and their families that includes assessment, advocacy, participation in a group approach to shelter services and discharge planning.
1. Provides case management services to Residential, non-residential and Resource Center clients that include assessment, goal setting, crisis intervention and life skills training and advocacy.
2. Participates as a member of an interdisciplinary Outreach team to meet the immediate needs of all participants, as outlined in an individual assessment. This includes taking crisis calls, completing assessments, providing service planning, and making referrals.
3. Builds relationships with local ISDs, key city officials and other social service agencies, developing youth resources and partnership opportunities.
4. Conduct outreach into the community to identify runaway, homeless, and at-risk youth and young adults
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in social work or related social service field.
2. Minimum two years experience or related experience working with homeless or at risk youth and conducting needs/strength assessment and/or case management.
3. Knowledge of issues related to street youth homelessness, abuse and neglect, including, issues relating to teenage pregnancy and parenting, life skills, adolescent development and evidence based approach to working with youth.
4. Familiarity with community service providers, the public benefits system and the educational opportunities.
5. Ability to work both independently, with considerable self-direction, and as a contributing member of a team
Send Resume to Linda Goodman, Program Director