Location: Triumph House
Education and Job Experience Requirements:
Master’s degree in Social Work or related field.
Experience in areas of crisis intervention.
Knowledge of family and child development.
Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Experience working with children in out-of-home care preferred.
Possess or willing to obtain within one year child placing agency administrator license.
The case manager’s primary role is to work under the direction of the Director of Triumph House to run the daily operations of Triumph House, serve as the point of access for families and agencies seeking placement; to provide programming information to them; to schedule and secure services for clients in care; and maintain agency paperwork.
The location of this job is in the Bryan/College Station-area.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
NOTE: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Requires basic understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge. Involves ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions dealing with abstract variables. Knowledge normally associated with attainment of a Master’s Degree in social work or a Human Services field.
2. Ability to work under moderate supervision with awareness that error may have serious consequences. Exercises patience, initiative, judgment and confidentiality (following established guidelines).
3. Must possess a good understanding of healthy family dynamics, conflict resolution, problem-solving, interpersonal relationship skills and child development.
4. Must have the ability to relate positively to girls and families needing support services and have the ability to establish nurturing, positive relationships.
5. Ability to observe and make accurate assessments of situations.
6. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and in stressful situations; ability to respond in crisis situations.
7. Ability to maintain and formulate schedules to ensure timely completion of agency paperwork.
8. Ability to respond to on-call crisis situations in rotation with the Treatment Director and Director of Triumph House.
• Responsible for being the point of access to Triumph House for agencies and families seeking placement. To include maintaining call logs, distributing Triumph House placement information and making recommendations for placement.
• Maintain and provide referral sources for families needing alternate placement options.
• Provides information concerning the Triumph House program to individuals, agencies, organizations, groups and churches when asked to do so.
• Reports immediately any suspected child abuse/neglect of a resident and/or reportable serious occurrences defined by minimum standards to their supervisor or executive director. Keeps the executive director informed of any deficiencies related to minimum standards.
• Arranges for or directly provides counseling for crisis intervention.
• Maintain agency files in compliance with policy and DFPS minimum standards.
• Secure all necessary placement paperwork and complete placement documents.
• Maintain monthly statistics related to referrals.
• Participate in supervisory and/or team meetings when requested.
• Schedule client appointments, including medical, dental, plan of service in coordination with clinical director and house parents.
• Seek Crime Victim Compensation funding, Medicaid and private insurance reimbursement for services.
• Participate in training opportunities to stay abreast of innovative ideas and tools available in the field.
• Maintain flexible schedule to be available to meet with clients in evenings or weekends when necessary.
• Duties as otherwise assigned.
• Must be a positive Christian role model.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be computer literate.
• Able to listen and communicate with staff, residents, and community groups.
• Must be insurable by agency vehicle insurance company.
• Capable of maintaining a flexible work schedule.
• Capable of working in high-stress situations.
• Must be self-motivated with good organizational and time-management skills.
• Must demonstrate professionalism, respect and civility when working with girls and their families.
NOTE: Traffick911, Inc. complies with all the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The purpose of Triumph House job descriptions is to describe the basic function, major responsibilities/tasks and essential functions of each job so that employees can better know what is expected of them. The descriptions also provide information useful for recruiting, training and performance appraisal. This document does not create an employment contract, nor does it modify the at-will employment status of all employees.
A job description is not meant to inhibit employee creativity or innovation. The description will be revised as job responsibilities change materially.
Please send all correspondence to email@example.com.