SafeHaven of Tarrant County’s mission is to end domestic violence through safety, support, prevention and social change. SafeHaven formed in 2006 through a merger of Women’s Haven and The Women’s Shelter. SafeHaven’s two emergency shelters, one in Arlington and one in Fort Worth, accommodate a combined 174 women and children, making SHTC one of the largest shelters in Texas.
Client Services Coordinator – Arlington Shelter
Summary: Responsible for the management of the 24 hour Client Services Center for SafeHaven’s emergency shelter.
• Hires, trains, evaluates and supervises all Client Advocate staff members and volunteers on specialized and/or specific job duties.
• Manages all Client Advocate staff and volunteer schedules in the 24-hour Client Service Center in the shelter.
• Works collaboratively with the Director of Crisis Services to ensure streamlined processes between the hotline and shelter intake as well as in providing cross training to client advocates for 24 hour emergency hotline.
• Responsible for recommendations related to the development and revision of program policies, procedures, and manual for the client services area in the shelter.
• Responsible for development and timely submission of monthly departmental reports and staff time sheets.
• Maintains current list of referrals for staff to provide to shelter clients and callers.
• Monitors file documentation and database entry for effective service delivery and grant compliance.
• Monitors call statistics and trends, reporting findings to supervisor.
• Oversees admissions to the emergency shelter in accordance with SafeHaven of Tarrant County policies and procedures. Ensure consistency with admissions procedures.
• Assumes responsibility for the client services center in case of staff absence or schedule gap.
• Available for 24 hour on-call communication with client advocate staff to provide guidance and supervision.
• Flexible hours are required. Frequent evening and weekend work will be required.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field required, or a minimum 5 years of equivalent related experience, or a combination of education and experience required. Demonstrated leadership skills strongly preferred. Minimum of 6 months to 1 year experience in a 24-hour hotline or residential setting required. Candidates must have knowledge and understanding of family violence and the ability to respond to clients in a constructive and supportive way, while being sensitive to cultural and ethnic issues. Must be able to remain calm in a crisis and maintain a high regard for confidential matters. Previous work in a fast-paced, customer service environment strongly preferred. Must have current valid Texas driver’s license and have proof of automobile liability insurance.
To Apply: www.safehaventc.org