SafeHaven of Tarrant County’s mission is to end domestic violence through safety, support, prevention and social change. SafeHaven formed in 2006 through a merger of Women’s Haven and The Women’s Shelter. SafeHaven’s two emergency shelters, one in Arlington and one in Fort Worth, accommodate a combined 174 women and children, making SHTC one of the largest shelters in Texas.
PT Bilingual Client Advocate Weekends Saturdays and Sundays 3p – 11:30p
Summary: Assists residents of the Emergency Shelter and answers Hotline for shelter and/or information.
• Answers Crisis Hotline, assesses caller’s needs, determines eligibility for shelter admission, or makes appropriate referral.
• Provides or arranges emergency transportation for incoming clients.
• Completes intake procedures for each client, arranges for immediate needs of family.
• Manages shelter operations to include: enforcing shelter rules, policies and procedures, ensuring a calm, supportive atmosphere, maintaining the security of the shelter, distributing incoming client mail, supporting client participation in group meetings.
• Conducts daily House Meeting/Chore Assignment, “Orientation” groups for new residents, and educational/support when they occur during shift.
• Documents appropriate information in client files and communication log in a timely manner. Completes all appropriate forms maintained in resident files.
High school diploma or G.E.D. required, working towards a degree in Social Work or related field strongly preferred. Knowledge of crisis intervention, social work and family violence theory preferred. 1-2 years experience working in a social service environment preferred. Previous work in a residential environment and bilingual in English/Spanish a plus. Current Texas Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance are required.
To Apply: www.safehaventc.org