Summary: Provides activities and services with a focus on bullying and violence prevention to elementary-aged children
• Prepares and presents awareness programs to children focusing on violence prevention
• Works closely with area youth agencies and organizations to develop and implement programs of bulling prevention for elementary school-aged students.
• Develops and implements programs for children in the areas of conflict resolution, dating violence, domestic violence and related issues
• Provides information regarding current methods and developments in the prevention field; risk factors, signs and effects of violence on youth, and protective factors.
• Responsible for scheduling youth and community prevention programs
• Prepares and presents programs within the community.
• Identifies and contacts community organizations and schools to promote violence prevention activities and services
• Works closely with and serves as liaison with schools, churches, social organizations and social service agencies, to raise awareness and provide domestic violence prevention services.
• Contacts and networks with other community organizations to promote domestic violence prevention opportunities.
• Maintains accurate reports of daily activities and completes reports required by the agency and its funders.
• Works closely with representatives of special populations to develop special events designed to increase outreach and education in specified areas of the community.
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to drive during day and night time hours.
• Must have current Texas driver’s license and have proof of automobile liability insurance.
• Flexible hours are required. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or closely related field, or equivalent experience required. Public speaking experience required. Experience in youth and child education or community outreach strongly preferred. Experience in and knowledge of family violence theory preferred. Must have excellent written and oral skills.
THIS IS A SEASONAL POSITION (CORRELATES WITH PUBLIC SCHOOL CALENDAR).
Please apply at www.safehaventc.org