Activity Fair Day
Held on the first Wednesday of the fall semester and the second Wednesday of the spring semester, Activity Fair Day is a chance for UT Arlington student organizations, departments, and community agencies to showcase their services, interests, and involvement opportunities to the campus community. This event has been held since 1981 and continues to draw a crowd with live music and inexpensive food.
Activity Fair Day is a prime opportunity to meet face-to-face with an array student organizations and campus resources. It's a great way to begin or expand your co-curricular involvement.
During the fall semester the Activity Fair is held in conjunction with the Mav Cookout as a part of the university's official welcome week activities.
** If you are part of a non-UTA agency or vendors, you must also complete the Vendor Agreement [PDF] and submit with payment prior to the event.**
- When you sign up to host a table at the Activity Fair it is very important that your organization follows through with your reservation. Groups that register and fail to show up or do not show up on time may be prohibited from being able to participate in future activity or orientation involvement fairs.
- UT Arlington departments and registered student organizations may participate in the involvement fair free of charge. Outside vendors and agencies are permitted but must submit a Vendor Agreement—which is subject to review and approval by the university. Your table should only represent the name of the organization or department under which the reservation was made.
- A representative from your group must check in at the Palo Duro Lounge between 8 and 10 a.m. to claim a table for your organization. If your group is absent after this time, your table will be forfeited. No table may be claimed before 8 a.m. on the day of the event. A table is considered claimed if it is attended by a representative or the display is set up.
- We ask that a maximum of four (4) individuals be present to staff your table. This is to ensure that our space does not become overcrowded and is accessible to all in attendance. You must contain your promotional activities to the space immediately around your table.
- Access to a standard electrical outlet is available for a limited number of these tables and are available for sign up on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are requesting power it is advisable that you arrive early to claim your table and have a back-up plan in the event that power is unavailable.
- Prior to the event, student organizations should update their MavOrgs page (e.g., information, officer roster, contacts and photos).
- Amplified sound including audio/video is allowed to be played at your table; however, please be courteous to your neighbors by keeping the volume level and content of your song choices respectful to the general audience. People at adjacent tables must be able to carry on a conversation at normal levels without being distracted. Instruments may be used for display purposes but they may not be played. The Student Activities and Organizations staff have the right to adjust or turn off your music at any time.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in a verbal warning from staff; if the situation is not remedied to the satisfaction of the event staff, your group may lose privileges of attending the Activity or Involvement Fairs in the future.
Save the Date!
MAVERICK COOK-OUT AND ACTIVITY FAIR
Wednesday, September 2, 2016
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
University Center Mall
300 West 1st Street