Fostering Future Leaders
We’ve got what it takes help you grow as a student and as a citizen. Become the leader that you’ve always dreamt of being with the opportunities offered by The UT Arlington Division of Student Affairs.
You’ll strengthen your connections to the campus community, in addition to sharpening your customer service, organizational, problem solving, and time management skills – helping you to grow and succeed as a student and as a new professional.
Positions include various student leadership roles such as:
- Programming committee chairs
- Members of student any of our over 300 student groups
- Chapter members within the Fraternity and Sorority Life community
- Cheering for the Mavericks by becoming a member of the Spirit Groups
- Becoming an orientation leader
- Running for elected positions in the areas of Student Congress and UTA Ambassadors.
Paid Student Employment Opportunities
The Division of Student Affairs employs over 500 students every academic year. As an employee, you’ll benefit from our professional development offerings while gaining real world experience. Opportunities include:
- Office assistants
- Graphic/web designers
- Sports officials
- Welcome desk and group exercise staff at the MAC
- Reporters, photographers, editors and sales staff for The Shorthorn
- Residence assistants and more
To view available paid student employment opportunities, visit the Snap Jobs website. If you have an inquiry about a specific student position within The Division of Student Affairs, please contact the coinciding department. You can access a list of our departments via the drop-down menu on the left of your screen.
THE LEADERSHIP CENTER
The department hosts many offerings throughout the year. Some of which include:
- A leadership minor
- Community service and volunteering opportunities through the UTA Volunteers
- The Fall Leadership Retreat
- A leadership certificate
- Student groups
- An honors program and more
Come join us and lead, serve, and learn with The Leadership Center and the
various leadership opportunities offered by The Division of Student Affairs. We
look forward to planting the seed that inspires you to become a great leader.
For more information contact the VPSA Office at 817-272-6080 or The Leadership Center at 817-272-9220.
Living It Up on Campus
Aaron had lots of options, but a vibrant student life made UT Arlington the clear winner. Living on campus allows him to take full advantage of all the University has to offer.