Travel Award of the Graduate Student Senate
Program Description and Requirements
The Graduate Student Senate (GSS), in conjuction with UT Arlington Graduate Studies, offers competitive Travel Awards (TAGSS) to Senate members who display above and beyond efforts in their service to GSS and its supporting organizations. These awards help defray the costs incurred by Senate members who are offered opportunities to conduct and present research at national and international institutions and conferences.
The GSS grants awards up to $1,250 for international research opportunities and $750 for national research opportunities. The GSS grants awards of up to $750 for international conference oral and poster presentations and $500 for national oral and poster conference presentations. Students may receive one travel award per academic year. The award given may be less than the maxiumum amount stated above depending upon the proposed budget. All applications must be approved by the GSS Executive Board and UT Arlington Graduate Studies.
These are competitive awards and students should submit professional, complete applications.
1. Applicants must be considered active members in the semester in which they apply. The requirement must be met before an application is submitted.
2. In order to be considered an active member, students must have been active members the semester prior to application and earn 100 points from the GSS Point System. Exception my be considered for a student in their first semester if participation is above and beyond the norm. Exception will only be made for a conference presentation.
3. Travel over the Winter Holiday/January will be considered during the Fall Semester. Travel over the Summer Semester will be considered during the Spring Semester. Summer travel reports must be submitted prior to the New Student Orientation date. (Consult the OGS calendar for specific dates.)
4. Applicants must be in good academic standing.
5. Applicants for oral or poster conference presentations must be the sole presenter. If the research is completed by a team, the applicant must be the first author or primary presenter of the paper or poster and the only member of the team who is traveling.
If you are ready to start the application process for the TAGSS award, please print out the TAGSS Application Cover Sheet. This document provides more details about the travel grant and includes a page that requires signatures from your Department Chair, as well as the Department's student travel representative. When you have this information completed, you may submit the cover sheet with your presentation/research summary, proposed budget, and formal invitation in PDF form with the online application.
To apply for the TAGSS Grant, CLICK HERE to complete the online application.
Wondering what steps you need to take after you return from your trip to receive your travel reimbursement? Take a look at the following documents for clarification.
Movie nights feature a variety of hit and pre-home release films hosted by EXCEL Campus Activities each semester.