Graduate Student Senate
The Graduate Student Senate (GSS) is the official representation for graduate students at UT Arlington. Members are appointed to serve on over 20 University committees to ensure graduate students have a voice in the University community. Members also participate in community service projects such as The Big Event and Super Service Saturday and attend social events especially for graduate students and faculty.
GSS considers resolutions to improve graduate student life on campus, hosts guest speakers to discuss current issues at the University, creates ad-hoc committees to research potential changes in University policy that may impact graduate students, and assists with Graduate Forums like ACES and GradFest.
Attend Fall 2015 GSS general body meetings every first and third Wednesday, starting on September 2nd, from 5:30PM - 6:30PM in the Student Congress Chambers (University Center Room 225).
Benefits for Graduate students
- Apply for members-only travel awards (TAGSS) to present research at conferences or conduct field research
- Participate in career and professional development programming
- Become an active participant in graduate student life
- Give back to the community through volunteer opportunities
- Gain useful knowledge shared by guest speakers
- Voice your opinion about policies and procedures that impact your graduate career at UT Arlington
- Join a network of graduate students working for the betterment of peers as well as future graduate students at UT Arlington
- Share your ideas for new projects, programs, and policies
Find help for math, science, economics, writing, and more at clinics in a variety of subjects.